Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to School!





Logan started 2nd grade this year. He has a really nice, patient and fun teacher this year. He's doing very well in reading and coming along in his math. He has a lot of his neighborhood friends in his class, as well as some of the kids from last years class.

Carlee started ALL DAY Kindergarten. She LOVES school and can't wait to tell me all about it everyday when she gets home. I keep waiting for the "newness" of school to wear off but she still talks about it non-stop and how much she loves her teacher, friends and the school.

Here's a little story for you...the second week into school Mike was gone on shift, the kids were off to school and I had things to do (or so I thought). I went to the gym, got gas and went to the grocery store with my long list. I was IN & OUT of the store in LESS than 30 minutes!! Weird! I thought I had forgot something (or things) or maybe a kid or two??? No way could I be out of there in under 1.5 hours (and there was no screaming, fighting or extra things in the cart). I got home and put it all away, did some laundry, straightened up the house, checked email, returned some phone calls, took a shower (BEFORE the kids got home from school) then sat down on the couch BEFORE 2:00 pm. The kids don't get out of school until 3:00 and get off the bus at 3:30. I ACTUALLY HAD NOTHING TO DO AND YOU COULD HAVE HEARD A PIN DROP it was so quite in the house! VERY WEIRD AND UNUSUAL! But it was WONDERFUL to have some time to myself and be able to rest a little before the kids got home and the "chaos" started all over again.
What a change from the last 7 years! I'm FREE, I'm FREE!!!
I mean, I'm sad that my kids are gone ALL DAY!! wink, wink, hee, hee!!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

wow!! that is so fun! i am excited for that day too. I will be a little sad, but come on it is well deserved when you get there!! enjoy!

Tiffany said...

LOL so funny!! I know I had amanda baby sit when I went g. shopping one time and went to two different stores, full carts at each and it took an hour i think!! Easy with out the madness! I'm glad you are getting a break! Your a mom, you deserve it! Everyone does!!

shauna said...

Isn't it weird? I'm tryng to get used to it myself.

Enjoy the peace and quiet. It is payback for all the noisy years.