Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Part 2










Mike had to work on Christmas Day (he was not supposed to but traded with a guy who really wanted to be home for his twins first Christmas, we were happy to accomodate him - tis the season). Mike starts shift @ 7:00 AM. So, we woke the kids up at 5:00 am and had "our" Christmas before Mike had to leave for work. The kids must have been very good this year because Santa went all out! Logan got a new Freestyle bike from Santa, he has already learned some new tricks. He also got a leather office chair for his computer desk in his room. Carlee got a boombox/CD player so she can sing her little heart out and a nightstand for her bedroom. After Mike left, I opened several gifts for each kid, gave them some milk and cereal and went back to bed! I was exhausted...and everyone knows I'm NOT a morning person! The kids played really well and had fun with their new toys and games. Then we went to Mike's grandmothers house to visit with his extended family and have some Christmas brunch, yummy! The kids and I played some more at home and opened more toys. Can I just say how tired I am of trying to open things that have a MILLION zip-ties and twist ties with plastic shrouds!!! GRRRR!! We then ended up at my parents house for the evening. The adults resting while the kids all played (Jared, Nicole, Audrey & Livvy came too).
We had breakfast for dinner and watched the rain and clouds over the Superstition Mountains.
It's so pretty out there when it storms!

2 comments:

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

My Dad always worked on Christmas and we always had to do Christmas around that. Good for Mike for giving up his morning for another family.

Looks like you had a really fun one and I agree 100% about the twist ties and packaging. What a pain!

Hope you have a great New Year!

Tiffany said...

It looks like you guys had a ton of fun!! Amen to not getting up early!! Kenna woke us up this year but I guess when ya go to bed at like 2 it isn't fun when they get you up!! Oh well! I am glad you had a good chirstmas and had a great time with all the family!