Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Climb to Conquer Cancer




On February 23rd, 2008 my sister-in-law, Lindsay, participated in the Phoenix chapter of The American Cancer Society's Climb to Conquer Cancer. Lindsay, my brother-in-law Scott and their daughter, Sara, completed the 6.5 mile "walk" up South Mountain and raised over $3,500! Her employer, U-Haul, will match her contributions dollar for dollar! I'm mentioning this first and formost because she lost her grandfather to cancer. Secondly, because I'm a cancer suvivor myself (and she loves me, and I'm grateful to have her as my sister-in-law) and last but not least, it's for a good cause! We are so proud of them for accomplishing this task! Lindsay said, "it's one of the hardest things I've ever done but absolutely one of the most important and rewarding too"! We love you Lindsay! Thank you!

4 comments:

Jen said...

what a neat thing to do! way to go!

shauna said...

Hey, great job to Lindsay and Mike!!!!! Great to see you and the baby who is not a baby anymore.

And wow to you Jacee, I didn't know you were a cancer survivor. Where have I been. We need to talk.

Exercise for a cause is way funner than exercise cause you have too!

MCMEMORIES said...

I think I remember your mom telling me that you had cancer when I saw her years ago when we were evacuated due to the Rodei-Chedeski Fires. What type of cancer was it?

Gwenn R Moe said...

Visit my site to test your typing. The Typing Speed ​​Test allows you to create custom and professional typing tests for recruitment purposes in just three simple steps. Just go to the Typing Speed ​​Test and start creating your online tests today. You can use this tool for educational purposes, practice, e-learning, staff assessment and any other field where typing speed is assessed.
You can reach us at: typing speed test.