Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I shouldn't have given in...




Do these pictures look familiar? Does your family have a hard time hearing you? Do you find yourself having to set a timer for "playtime"? If so, you may have the XBOX 360 blues too! I have been telling Mike "no" for 4 years on any kind of gaming system in the house (other than our V-smile for the kids - it's a LEARNING SYSTEM!). Well...I finally gave in about 2 months ago and now this is what I see a lot of on the weekends (we do not play during the week because of homework and extra circular activities). Sometimes I literally have to stand in front of the TV and turn it off because I've asked them to shut it off 4-5 times! It drives me nuts! Dinner gets cold, chores don't get done, teeth don't get brushed, jammies don't get put on, etc...I might have to learn to play just to "zone out" myself! Then we'll see who does the laundry, grocery shopping, house cleaning, dinner making, homework helping, bathtime assistant, blog updating and all around do gooder for the family! I must admit, I used to be pretty good at Atari or Nintendo (for those of us "old folks"). My brother and I could beat a lot of games after a couple hours of play. However, the controllers had 2-3 buttons. These new ones have like 12-15. Is it a controller, a robot or a keyboard??? UGH!!!
Don't become a XBOX 360 victim like me! Just say NO!!!!

4 comments:

shauna said...

So you are now a game system widow too? Wii didn't give in until this Christmas too. Is there an over-gamers anonymous?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MCMEMORIES said...

I feel your pain! Actually I think it's pretty cute to watch my son and hubby play now. My son can whip his dad's booty now in many of the games. It's pretty funny!

Tiffany said...

LOL man I don't want that situation to happen but I am sure it will some day when we have boys, when that is? Who knows! I know Mike's mom wanted to get kenna some kinda video game system and I told her NO WAY! She is too little if ya ask me! I am sure that is coming though! Good luck with that!